A Tennessee jury has awarded $30 million to a 19-year-old who has permanent brain damage as a result of a traffic accident three years ago, reports The Commercial Appeal of Memphis.
In 2006, a gravel truck ran into the side of the teen's truck, killing his passenger and leaving him in a coma for eight months. The lawsuit alleged the gravel truck was 20,000 pounds overweight and the driver was inexperienced.
The jury found 70 percent of the responsibility for the accident went to the owner of the gravel truck who hired the driver - APAC-Tennessee, a road paving company. The other 30 percent was divided between the gravel truck driver and the company that loaded the gravel.
As a result of his severe traumatic brain injury, the teen is unable to live alone and needs around-the-clock care.
If you have been in an accident, it’s important to make sure you understand your legal rights. You may be able to recover money for medical bills, lost wages, funeral costs, as well as compensation for wrongful death or permanent disability. Contact the experienced car accident attorneys at the Louthian Law Firm for a free evaluation of your case at 1-866-410-5656 or fill out our confidential online consultation form.
Tennessee Car Accident